1. 101 Most Powerful Verses in the Bible (I thought the whole Bible, having been inspired by God, was powerful? And that it was all organically related? Maybe that's just the WTS brainwashing...shrug.)
2. The Diva Principle (see also, The Princess Within)
3. Sassy, Single and Satisfied (YES, we are still talking about the "Christian Inspiration" shelf)
4. For Women Only (reminds me of those old feminist poems, "I am woman...")
5. The Idiot's Guide to Prayer (see also Christian Prayer for Dummies; although we are probably aptly described as idiots and dummies, but more along the lines of 1 Corinthians 1.)
6. The Five Love Languages of Teenagers (I can only imagine; he also has The Love Language of God ... ?)
7. Success God's Way (PLEASE tell me this isn't financial)
8. Not a book, but still ... "Wisdom Deck: 50 inspiration cards" (goes against everything Dr. E has been telling me in class about the biblical notion of wisdom, which begins with the fear of the Lord, and becomes a path of life in which we are always growing. Get THAT from a stack of cards!)
9. Deal With It! (Exodus 34:6, "The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness...")
10. Good Morning, Holy Spirit!
Maybe next time I'm at B&N, I'll make a list of books that I'd actually like to read. I know there are worthwhile books there; it just takes discernment to sort through the rest of them!
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Top Ten Worst "Christian Inspiration" books at Barnes and Noble
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment