The finger that a woman said she found in a bowl of Wendy’s chili came from an associate of her husband who lost the digit in an industrial accident, police said Friday.
“The jig is up. The puzzle pieces are beginning to fall into place, and the truth is being exposed,” Police Chief Rob Davis said.
Sadly, in the meantime, Wendy's has lost millions of dollars, which means that dozens of employees have been laid off. And in case you were wondering, there was no evidence that the finger had been cooked.
HOWEVER, there's a new 'finger' story brewing! (Thanks to the randommother for pointing this out). And this one is for real:
Clarence Stowers bought a pint of chocolate ice cream from Kohl's Frozen Custard in Wilmington, North Carolina.UGH. That is SO, SO, SO, SO GROSS!!!
When he found a chewy object in his mouth, he assumed it was one of the ingredients, until he spat it out, washed the ice cream off - and found that it was a finger.