- I'm going to cancel my home and car insurance today because HH and I decided to go with another company. It's funny, though, (I think) to call and ask someone to de-insure you. So UnAmerican!
- I LOVE having someone else taking charge of all my "life logistics." It's one of the areas of life that stresses me out the most (as evidenced by the PILES of paperwork that HH has been sorting filing since moving in). But some of the new "changeover stuff" (new driver's license, credit cards, banks, insurance) have been remarkably painless with HH at my side, contrary to my expectations.
- I have almost a full box of business cards with my old last name on them. Not much else I can do with them, so I'm using them as non-sticky-sticky notes, for those occasions when I need to write little notes, but I don't need them to stick. Any other suggestions?
- I've decided that I'd like to use the crock pot at least once per week, since I'm now needing to get into the habit of feeding myself and someone else every night (twice a day, sort of, because we both pack our lunch, too). Today I'm trying out a recipe for a pork roast that has as the sauce red wine, soy sauce, dried onion soup, water, garlic and pepper. And, since I didn't have QUITE enough red wine in the bottle (because I'd been drinking it), I added a little bit of coffee to the sauce... I figured "dark, robust, acidic drink, it'll do." I hope it's good!
- HH and I both really like Arby's Jamocha shakes. We split one this afternoon. I've never really been able to enjoy finishing a shake, so this system is perfect: we buy it, I drink about 1/4 and pass it on to him.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Many Hands Make Light Work
A few random thoughts...