- Here is a link to a REALLY COOL graphic that is a visualization of all the cross-references in the Bible.
- If I have time in the next day, I'm going to check out Chris Brauns' forgiveness quiz.
- Adrian Warnock has a fantastic quote from Martin Lloyd-Jones on anger and self-control.
- I just added two books to my amazon wishlist (both incidentally referenced at Adrian Warnock's blog recently): Mark Driscoll's Death by Love and Wendy Alsup's Practical Theology for Women
- ALSO from Adrian Warnock, here's a great quote by Mark Driscoll on how do you define a friend: ""They love you, have hope for you, and have time for you."
- Two internet-purchased foods that HH and I have been enjoying recently are coffee from the New Mexico Pinon Coffee Co and "Brent's Beer Brittle" (peanut brittle made with a microbrew), purchased from Allyson's Kitchen.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
This and That
As I'm getting re-acclimated to real life, here are a few things on the internet that have caught my eye:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Molly, thanks for the link. I hope you have time to stop by - - but not at the expense of your NEW husband's time! God bless.
I took the Forgiveness Quiz, and not surprisingly, did not match Chris' answers.
The difficulty I see is such a quiz, or in discussing forgiveness, is making assumptions about whether the question is in regard to God and us, or us and others - that is not apparent in the questions, but the answers depend on knowing which relationship is being talked about.
Would like to hear your take on this when you have the time to take it....
Hi Sharon. Thanks so much for taking. I'll start blogging over at my place tomorrow. But, your comment helps me going in.
One of the central arguments in my book is that the Bible commands us to forgive as God forgave us. So, I'm saying, that in some ways the answer does not depend on who it is talking about.
I am thankful you took it seriously enough to think carefully about the questions. The bottom line is that we all have to unpack forgiveness and what we believe it is of vital importance.
Anyway - - you asked for Molly's thoughts, not mine!
Post a Comment