1. I am doubling a recipe that I've never tried before. How's that for living on the edge? It's a recipe for a "cutie cake," and I'm doubling it because I never seem to make it through a bag of clementines before the last few go bad. If it turns out well, I'll eat it all; if not, I'll be finding friends to pawn it off on. Friends who don't read my blog and therefore won't know why I'm bestowing cake on them. I'm also making it with whole wheat flour so I can justify eating it for breakfast.
2. I'm horrible at eating breakfast -- I get T fed, I get the dogs fed, I get myself some coffee, and then I just seem to forget to nourish myself until I'm all shaky and faint.
3. I can't believe it's been over a month since I've posted here. I've had things to post; I just haven't done it. I've also been meaning to do laundry for a week now.
4. I'm going to make these Cappuccino White Chocolate cookies. If I happen to double the recipe, it's because I know they will be delicious. My parents got some cookies like this in a Christmas package that I may or may not have eaten all of. I'm really pleased to have a recipe.
No wonder HH keeps complaining about gaining weight ... onward and upward!
5. I'm also going to try making these beer-flavored marshmallows that are coated in milk chocolate and sprinkled with pretzel bits. I'm still not a beer drinker, but I love making marshmallows, and I suspect that I have more than a few people in my circle who would love these.
6. Ummm... more on food. I'm on a kick of drinking hot chocolate with Bailey's. That combination goes exceptionally well with these white chocolate-waffle cookies that I bought on a whim at Target the other day.
7. Whoops! Gotta go ... T-bug is awake and getting a little fussy. He normally takes a 3-4 hour nap in the early afternoon, but after just an hour, he's wide awake. Maybe I can feed him and get him to sleep some more so I can get that laundry started, do my baking and maybe even tidy up the kitchen.