- Painting my basement. It looks so much more finished now! Below are a few pics -- including the ridiculously GIANT screen for the home theater, and the very starbuck-ish mustard/brown wall in the family room. The two bedrooms downstairs each have two accent walls -- the one shown is a really dark blue, and the other is a dark brown.
- Yesterday we bought a really cool red futon for the dark brown room (which will be the office). It's gonna look pretty funky.
- We had a great church service yesterday (a convicting message on "work"), followed by a wonderful taco salad lunch sponsored by the team that's going to Mexico next month. So many people showed up that the last people in line were eating chips and cheese!
- The dogs provided me with a lot of enjoyment -- they were particularly wound up after church, and I managed to snap some pics of their most recent favorite toy (see Callie above).
- And then yesterday evening (after the aforementioned furniture shopping and a tasty dinner of cheese and chicken soup, as well as an enjoyable experience brewing flowering tea), I poured myself a glass of wine, lit some candles, drew a hot bath, added some peppermint/rosemary bath salts and sat in the tub for an hour reading magazines and catalogs that I'd been accumulating. It felt SO luxurious! After that, I was out like a ... like a lab on a couch.
So that's it ... and now it's Monday again.